Monday, October 14, 2002

Well, here it is again. Early Sunday evening. What a nice relaxing weekend. I really didn't do anything much but sometimes that's a nice thing. I've just finished up all the core classes for my Bachelors Degree in Business Management. All that is left now are two electives, those being Organizational Behavior (which I start Monday) and a science class. Not too bad at all. It's been a long time coming. I'm taking these two courses by directive study, which means you actually don't have to go into the classroom but work with the instructor on-line. You don't have any idea how much that appeals to me now. After a little over two years of going to campus every Tuesday night from 6:00-10:00 and then every Thursday night for study group, it will be nice to actually be home. Between that and the time I spent in the library and in my office researching, I'm about schooled out for the time being. My girls are fairly excited that I'll be home a lot more now. I've been going to school part time pretty much since I graduated high school. I will be glad to put this to bed. I graduate October 27th...not that I'm counting the days.

Getting signed up for the directive study courses was something of a joke. This whole thing has taken me over a month and it's still not all cleared up! I have come to the conclusion that the people who work at the university are complete idiots. You know...they bought the happy meal but it doesn't contain any chicken nuggets? To be fair though, like all of us, I'm sure they are way overworked so it makes it hard for them to keep up. Still doesn't mean I have to "feel" charitable, just as long as I remain polite.

They finally assign me my instructor. Ok. No problem. I email the instructor with the email addy my academic counselor provided me. It was wrong. I called the school, get what I HOPE is the right one and send her an email. Well, it didn't bounce back but I didn't hear from her until today so I wasn't sure.

But wait..there's more. I go to check the university's website (I can check my schedule/grades, etc on-line) and 'praise the lord and pass the peanuts!,' they have my class listed on my schedule. Finally. Get this...its got a different instructor listed! Arghhhhhh!

So I emailed my academic counselor and asked, "what's up with that"? (that's the polite version) Of course, it's the weekend so I'm not sure what is going on. In the meantime, the instructor contacted me by email and by phone. We both agreed to go with it, even though it's not offcial..yet..

Oi, oi, oi. I'm almost done right?

But wait (oh no.another update)..I just got emailed by the instructor that was on my schedule! He told me what my assignment is and what to expect for the class..Ugh..now what do I do? I'll work it out tomorrow morning I hope.

My husband is travelling to Washington tomorrow. He'll be there until at least Thursday. He'll be servicing the east side of Washington. Hopefully, all will go well.

That's it for today! Take care all and Ciao4now...Moogie

Any comments or suggestions? Feel free to send your wisecracks or kudos: HERE. If you don't want them published, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home