Saturday, October 19, 2002

What a week. I didn't have much of a chance to play around with the site. As it is, I'm taking a quick break right now from cleaning my house and grabbing a bite to eat for lunch. It's one of those "my parents are coming for a visit this week" house cleanings." Why I feel compelled to clean every nook and cranny when they come is beyond me, but there you have it. I've talked to a lot of my friends and they suffer from this affliction as well. Seems to be a kid thing.

Well, I finally got the whole directive study problem resolved, albeit, not to my liking. It turns out I have to keep the instructor that was listed on my schedule. Of course, I'd already done the assignment and read the chapters for the first instructor. Figures the assignments are not at all similar. Turns out I ended up having to call the manager of the academic counselors to get it squared away. It seems my counselor was "confused" for some reason (his words) and emailed me the wrong instructor name. I explained to him that I had already done the assignment. Didn't do any good. All he said was "sorry for any inconvenience but there's nothing I can do." Well, the long and the short of it is that the instructor that was listed on my schedule gave me a week extension on the assignment because I didn't get it cleared up until the first night of class. He also granted me the extension with no penalties attached.

Work is going really well, albeit quite hectic. This is a busy time of year for us. We are just closing up a Fiscal Year and beginning another one. I'm sitting in for my lead while she is on maternity leave, so that makes things a lot more interesting. I can't really complain. The day goes by so fast but it's been a bit of a struggle to keep up. We have two new people in our group (I was just informed we're getting another one) and I've been training them. It makes it hard to keep up on my "real job' along with handling the lead responsibilities as well as training. I'm learning a lot though, so all in all, it's been a great experience.

The girls are doing really well. Both of them had a bit of a cold over the week but seem to be getting over it now. They are sitting on the floor doing each other’s hair at the moment.

I am busy trying to think of reasons not to get out of this chair and continue my quest for a clean house. Nothing really seems to be working so I guess I'd better get with it. It's not going to clean itself.

Ciao4now!
Moogie

Any comments or suggestions? Feel free to send your wisecracks or kudos: HERE. If you don't want them published, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home