Friday, October 08, 2004

I've been had

Whoever said that children don't have the brains that God gave a box of rocks is fooling themselves.

My eldest midget terrorist, Moobear, is off having a sleepover at a friends house. My youngest, Meelie-No, of course, immediately had a problem with this. "It's not FAIR." You know the picture.

I little later, Meelie-No and Little Miss (Meelie-No's buddy) came over and asked if they could have a sleepover at (this is what I thought they said) Little Miss's house. They came back from asking appropriate parents, and Little Miss was wearing a backpack. Filled with her clothes.

Me: Little Miss, why are you wearing a backpack?

LM: For the sleepover.

So, tell me...am I gonna say no now? Little Miss's mom has been led to believe that I have ok'd the sleepover. The girls are excited about it. Let's forget the fact that I was looking forward to an evening sans kids. That doesn't come into play.

The cards have been played. The dealer is waiting. You know how it goes. What I would like to know is just what I'm gonna tell my husband who is blissfully unaware of all of this while he is at work.

Me: Hi honey! Guess Whaaaaatttttt?????????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home