Saturday, October 19, 2002

Update: I feel as though I got a good workout today even if I didn't do the standard form of exercise. I was able to do a lot of my cleaning today. The next thing is to tackle the downstairs bathroom (1/2 bath) and dining/kitchen area. The reason I didn't finish today was because I decided to take the time to go through all of the kids’ toys downstairs and eliminate a lot of them. There was just so much. It has been a long time since I've done that. I was ruthless. Tomorrow we shampoo the carpets and finish with the rest of the house. It's a lot of work but it sure feels good to have a clean house when you are done. My husband has been tackling the laundry. We got way behind. Quite a few loads to go yet.

I still need to find the time to do my paper tomorrow. I am a chronic procrastinator and this is not a good thing. I seem to do a lot better when I'm under deadlines and such. I would just prefer to get it done tomorrow so I'm not burning the midnight oil Monday.

It's really funny. When I'm away from the computer, I think about all the things I want to write about. When I sit down to actually do it, the ideas seem to go away. I probably should keep some kind of a list or something but that would mean I would have to be organized.

I've been working on some business cards for a friend of mine I met through Distributed Computing. When I finish with his, I'll start working on his wife's. That kind of thing is really fun for me. Lets me look into my creative side. It's nice and relaxing. Something I enjoy doing when the girls are both asleep. I get to play!

This is an interesting time of life for me. I've just turned 40 and am somewhat confused as to exactly where I want to go in my life. I'm nearing the end of school. I graduate October 27th. If you are within 9 units of finishing, you can walk so I decided to do so because then I could graduate with my classmates. Most of them are within a few courses of completing as well. I've been sitting in for my lead since the beginning of August, or there abouts, and that has been a true growth experience for me. It's made me really THINK before I act. I have a lot of people that I'm responsible for and feel quite strongly about supporting them in whatever they need. The politics is difficult to deal with, but I'm learning. Now I just need to figure out where I want to go in my career. Do I want to get into management? A staff job? What? I started off with the lead job and had no confidence in my ability to be able to handle it. It ended up that I've surprised myself. I've always done better when I've been thrown into a project with no life jacket. When my lead comes back, I've already been informed that I'll be given some special projects to tackle, along with what I normally do. This excites me, as I love to dig in and solve problems. One of them will be to figure out why our non-labor billings are so messed up. Non-labor is my specialty so I look forward to the challenge even though it is really going to add to an already heavy workload.

Looks like my husband is going to be away next week handling some jobs in northern (way northern) California. This isn't so bad as he has promised me he'll be here for my graduation on October 27th. That will be so nice. He's trying to arrange his schedule so that he will be in town for most of the time my folks are visiting.

My husband ordered me a new cookbook called "Cooking Light". There is a ton of recipes in there that look fabulous. I can't wait to try them out. I've really missed cooking these past two years. It will be so nice to get into that again once I'm completely finished with school.

I want to start working on this site to broaden it. I'd like to include an about me page as well as a gallery page to name a few. I don't want to start really working on that until I get completely finished with school though. I know if I do, the homework will take second place and I've come too far to do that to myself.

Well, ‘tis time for me to sign off for now. I've got a date with the midget terrorists to watch Monsters Inc. and eat popcorn. What could be better than that?

Take care all. Ciao4now...Moogs.

Any comments or suggestions? Feel free to send your wisecracks or kudos: HERE. If you don't want them published, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home