Wednesday, April 30, 2003

WE'RE BACK!

We went on vacation up north during spring break and had a really great time. My lovely sister-in-law and her family, leant us their trailer up in Oregon and it is situated right next to (read that on) the beach. Oh my! It was heavenly. The trailer is very small but very home like. The size didn't really matter. We were outdoors on the beach for a better part of the time any way. On rainly days, my sister-in-law had made us a list of activities to do. I think we hit them all. We went to a tour of the Tillamook Cheese Factory which was wonderful. We got to see how they made, sliced and packaged the cheese and then got to try some samples. Mmmmmm. On another day, we went to the Pioneer Museum which was fascinating. They had alot of old things to look at. My 5 year old is kind of wasted on museums so far. We came, we saw, let's go. :) Next we went and visited Air Museum which had just about every plane you could think of, including some of those that were really old. We took a bunch of pictures so I'll add some of them here at a later date.

When we arrived, my sister-in-law had taken some plastic eggs and filled them up with tiny seashells and planted them all around the trailer. The kids had a blast finding them. She also gave them each a stuffed Easter Bunny and some Easter pencils. What a treat for the girls! It was nice as we had arrived there on Easter so we hadn't done our normal Easter celebration with the kids. Later on that evening, my husband and I did the "Easter" thing for the girls in the trailer. I hid the stuff while he went and played on the beach with the girls for a while. Turned out great and the girls are convinced that I called the Easter Bunny to come to the trailer in the evening because we wouldn't be home.

I'll write more later about the rest of our trip. Right now...I'm ready to hit the sack. :) Take care all...ciao4now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home