Friday, October 08, 2004

New Distributed Computing Project

I've started a new Distributed Computing project called FAD now that Distributed Folding has finished Phase II. Not sure how I like it yet. The stats don't update very often (few times a day) and I'm not sure how that will coincide with my "statsaholicwannabe" personality. Truth be told, I want something I can run, that will contribute to science, AND not take alot of my time. In other words, install it, set it up, and let it run. I don't have the time to babysit it, nor do I have the time to leaf through pages of FAQs to find out how to set it up best on my system. Get this...I have a life. :) One outside computers. And my kids figure into that life alot more than anything else. More on this later as I have time to analyze what I think about it.

Another thing to point out about this is that I only use my boxen. Well, mine and my lesser half (when I can talk him into it). I don't have the luxury of running computers from my work (drool...ah, I'd be queen), nor am I working for a relative (Daddy?) that lets me run clients from there.

Don't get me wrong...Borging a computer is fine. But...well, that's for another post. I just don't like the idea of the way some folks go about doing it.

D-day is coming

Well, it's past 6:00 pm. The lesser-half should be arriving soon. Got any good ideas about how I should tell them about and unexpected guest for tonight?

Some folks call me sarcastic

Hey..there isn't a sarcastic bone in my body...well, ok, if you look a little bit I'm sure you'll find some. You ever work with folks who do nothing but complain about work? Hello dunderbutt..if you are that unhappy, go someplace else. I don't have time to listen to you. Venting is one thing. The group that I am in at work does their fair share of that. It's cool though...cuz...ya know...we are still there and able to have fun...and let me tell ya..there is enough stress in there to cook a turkey in 1.5 hours.

I love my job...but damnit...I wish they'd stop counting on me. I've just got two new assignments..which excite the hell out of me but now "I'm" stressed because I have no clue as to what's going on. It's like that when you are learning new things. I have to say that a bunch of lightbulbs were going off the other day. I'm starting to get a handle on it. I'ts gonna be a bumpy yet fun ride.

Moobear's 10th Birthday Party

I won't add anything here except for the fact that everyone had a great time. The adults on the other hand, had to take pain killers for a few days.

The Party

I sooooo regret not trying out that slide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home