Sunday, November 09, 2003

Midget Terrorists

Something could be said about having boys vs girls. I'm not sure what it is as I have been cursed blessed with having two girls. I was so happy. Just think, two girls, pink dresses, pretty little bows in their hair, black patent leather shoes, clean little faces, impeccable manners.

I'm sad to report that my children suffer from an error in genetic coding. That whole chromosome thing must have got messed up. I think my girls must have the qq chromosome. Either that or the powers that be were feeling humorous and decided to play a game with me.

I've got two girls, currently 9 and 5, and while they like to play dress up, and play with dolls (they abhor Barbies at the moment, unless said Barbies are naked and they are playing with them in the bathtub) the rest of them is all boy.

Dirt is something to be played in, not avoided. They climb trees, wrestle with their buddies, and only have to look at mud to get dirty.

Take this morning for instance. My daughters were bringing their hands up to their mouths and blowing on them, essentially having a contest to see who could make the loudest farting noises.

What is it about bodily noises that amuse children so much?

I guess I should be thankful they don't walk around the house in boxers, belching, farting and scratching themselves.



Mood: Relaxed
Background noise: Splashing water

Comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home