Saturday, November 08, 2003

Saturday morning

Well, it's time to leave the confines of my desk and do something productive. Perhaps I should think about unpacking my suitcase from the last trip. Then again....

More on dreams

Ok...what does this mean? Last night I dreamt that a bull was trying to come through my front door. True to form, I couldn't get the damn door shut and locked and it kept poking its head through. I'm beginning to believe that Freud would have a field day with me.

McDonald's Decries Webster Over 'McJob'

I was just surfing a bit and came across this story. It's seems that McDonalds has a beef (no pun intended) with Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and their definition of the word "McJob".


CHICAGO - McDonald's says it deserves a break from the unflattering way the latest Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary depicts its job opportunities. Among some 10,000 new additions to an updated version released in June was the term "McJob," defined as "low paying and dead-end work."


A spokesman for McDonald's is also concernced that "McJobs" closely resembles McJOBS, a program that trains mentally and physically challenged people.

Looks like there may be some legal issues that will be popping up. It will be interesting to watch how this pans out.

For the full story, look HERE.

Mood: Melancholy
Background noise: Evil Con Carne

Comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home