Saturday, July 05, 2003

FIREWORKS

All I can say is WOW! That had to be one of the best shows we have seen in a long time. We went downtown to watch the fireworks and it was well worth it! We were going to take the train down, but it was jam packed. A security guard told us that the busses were offering a special deal to try to draw people away from the trains. We took the bus and got there in no time. We found a good spot after walking a few blocks and plopped ourselves down on our blanket and proceeded to wait for the show to begin. I'd have to say that the only other one we have seen that was better was the one time we went to Crescent City over the holiday and were camping. They shot the fireworks off from a barge. That was a really good show as well. Getting home was a little bit more difficult, but not as bad as it could have been. By the time we got to our car, and then pulled up in our garage, both the girls were bushed. We all had a great time.

The whole day ended up being really great. We live in a townhouse and our complex threw a 4th of July pool party, complete with chicken on skewers, hot dogs, beans chips, popsicles and sodas/water. We all had a really good time. The girls and I spent alot of time in the pool and our youngest is just starting to get the hang of swimming..sort of. I think I got a bit too much sun as I'm a little red around the edges but I don't think that it will be that bad.

All in all, the day was wonderful and I'm ready to head on off to bed.

TTFN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home