Tuesday, July 08, 2003

TUESDAY EVENING

Needless to say, things were really quiet today at work. All of us were still somewhat in shock over the events that took place in Mississippi. You see, even though we are a large corporation, we are still a tight group. When a family member suffers, we suffer.

My mind keeps wandering back to the family members of all of the victims. I think about the horror the employees must have gone through, and the horror that they will relive for the rest of their lives. I think about the victims who were murdered or injured. What is it that one thinks of when a gun is pointed at them? Mom, I love you? Dan, I didn't mean to argue with you this morning? Please, let my children know I always loved them?

What in God's name makes a person go off the deep end like that? Of course, the media is jumping at describing the man as racist, etc...and the bodies aren't even cold yet. It's kind of hard to know just what to believe. How can someone possess that much hatred, enough to go on a killing spree such as the one this morning? What was going through his mind at the time? Were there warnings at work that showed this man was close to going off the edge? If so, why wasn't anything done about it? I would imagne we'll never know what caused it. Those things died with him, when he pointed the gun at himself and took his own life.

I'm glad I don't understand. That means I'm not like him.



A LOOK AT MONDAY

I came into work on Monday, only to find that I had a computer that could access only the things that were located on my hard drive. Wonderful, just wonderful. Seems a router when down. And then they had to go get a part. And then..........they finally got it up and running (let me just say that I was not the only one affected) ten minutes before I was set to go home for the day. Wonderful, just wonderful (did I say that already)? I know parts are parts and they will break, but, please not on my time. I couldn't even print. I couldn't pull data. I did what I could (of course, my filing was, for once, up to date) and then just kind of cleaned out my desk, rearranged my drawers, made up new binders and folders. You know the kind of day that I'm talking about.

So it goes.....



A MOMENT OF SILENCE

I was just getting home tonight, when I saw my husband and the two terrorrists heading out for the pool. They asked me if I wanted to go but I politely declined. The idea of a couple of hours of no noise was too good to pass up. Just me and the dog hanging out. AND, to top it all off, I'm not even going to have to cook dinner tonight. My husband is making his famous, never-the-same-way-twice-running spaghetti. Life is good, yes?



SPEAKING OF THE DOG

She's wonderful, as usual. She seems to be fully housebroken now (though you didn't hear me say that), and is really doing well. Her chewing things has slowed down a little bit, but not as much as I would like. Nothing is safe on the floor. She is still an excellent escape artist, but I'm working on it. We are settling down in a routine, and she is really becoming one of the family. For a while there..I was beginning to wonder. Oh, did I mention I think she was dropped on her head at birth? She stalks, and tries to eat, all insects. It's kind of interesting to watch.......

Here's a picutre.


And a link for some more.



CLOSING THE REMARKS

The terrorrists have arrived and it's time I bounce back into reality. Hope you all have a wonderful evening and stop back again soon.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home