Sunday, November 23, 2003

Sunday Stuff

The trip to Georgia last week was relatively uneventful, except that the directions from the airport to my temporary housing were WRONG. Took me over two hours to find it. And WHY, you might ask, would it take that long? Well, first of all, my home is located just over an hour from the airport. Secondly, it is located in bumcrap Egypt. It takes me over 45 minutes to get from my home (almost an hour) to work. You think maybe, just maybe, they could have found something closer? All in all, it's a nice place. Pretty well equipped. It's just really far out in the stix and the area I have to drive through to get to it doesn't warm the cockles of my heart. Of course, next week I'll be bringing the kids back with me so that will be even more comforting. I keep telling myself that it's just temporary, and it will be over soon. I figure if I keep saying that often enough, I'll believe it.

I went to the school where I want my kids to go. At first I was told that they would have to go to school in Brunswick. I countered with the fact that they were only going to be there 30 days. They wouldn't budge. It amazes me that people who are supposedly out for the children, would see a child moved completely across country, away from all that was familiar, started in a school, only to stay there for 30 days, and then moved to the area of which we plan to settle. Go figure. I found a work-around which I can imagine, most of you can figure out on your own.

There's going to be alot of running around to do this week. Picking up shot records for the kids, gathering up all the paperwork, getting as much as I can crammed in the suitcases for me and the girls. The normal stuff. Oh..that and finishing up inspections on our present house, and doing getting some estimates on a repair to the balcony we have to make.

Michael Jackson Hoopla

I don't know what to believe on this one. It seems to me that folks are out to get him because he does not fit the stereotype of what we call "normal." Don't get me wrong, if he is guilty, string the bastard up by the balls, cover him with honey, and place him next to a behive. But I have to wonder if it is all true. Granted, the man has had more face lifts than Imelda Marcos has shoes. Ok, let's face it. He looks like a woman, minus the hooters, but does all of this make him a child molester?

I was reading a post about this on a forum I visit from time to time and it makes me SICK to listen to people judge him based soley on what they read. That last I heard you were innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Mood: Quiet
Background noise: Full House

Comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home