Monday, November 24, 2003

Justified? You be the judge.

I seriously think that Charles Booher is my hero. Alright, so maybe some of you think that he may have overreacted just a tad. Bullshit. Let's be honest here folks. What he did was verbalize (well, put in writing) what we all feel, but are too chicken legged to do. Let's take a look at the story. Can you honestly tell me that you haven't even "thought" about doing the same thing?

Charles Booher said he is normally a non-violent person. In his spare time, he writes software programs that he likens to Andy Warhol art projects. The last time the Sunnyvale resident got in a fight, he was 11 years old.

But in May, Booher received one piece of unsolicited e-mail too many. Booher sat down at his keyboard and began firing back e-mail after e-mail threatening to kill the alleged spammer, according to law enforcement officials. On Thursday, federal agents arrested Booher, 44, at his home and charged him with 11 violations of interstate communications.


Arrest him? The man should be canonized. Ok, ok...the way he went about it was probably not so good. You never send an email that can be traced back to you. He's a programmer, he should have known better. Personally, I'm thinking of taking up a collection to help him with his legal fees.

``If I could go back, I wouldn't have done it,'' he said Friday. ``I would have realized sooner that I needed to shut my Web site down, to shut down my e-mail and to re-evaluate the way I was using the Internet.''

Booher said the nature of the spam he received set off an emotional trigger. He said he is a three-time survivor of testicular cancer and that he was bombarded by e-mail and pop-up ads for penile enlargement. No matter what he did, he couldn't get them to go away. ``I wanted them to leave me alone,'' he said.


Geee...looking at the circumstances, I'd say the guy was somewhat justified in his actions. Especially as he did take steps to stop the spamming. Of course, the wimp assed Doug MacKay wouldn't step up to the plate. (Yo Charles...you hold him down and I'll slap him!) Read on.

He first tried to figure out a technical solution. A professional programmer, he said he has a bachelor's degree in physics from the Illinois Institute of Technology, a master's in electrical engineering from Northwestern, as well as certificates in computer programming from the University of California-Santa Cruz and in the history of science from Stanford University.

When the ads wouldn't stop, Booher said he contacted the company, Albion Medical, which appeared to be sending the spam, and asked to speak with Doug Mackay, whose name had appeared on one of the unsolicited advertisements.

``I said, `Will you please stop spamming me so much,' '' Booher recalled. ``He said, `I'd like to try, but it's complicated. I have literally millions of agents out there.' ''

``It started polite, but it went downhill from there,'' Booher said.


Ok..so let's look at the facts so far.

    1. Mr. Booher received insurmountable amounts of SPAM regarding penile enhancement.
    2. Mr. Booher is a three time survivor of testicular cancer.
    3. Mr. Booher tried emailing Mr. Buttface-MacKay to ask him to stop.
    4. Said Buttface declined to help, citing complications. (Did he even look into it? I think not.)
    5. Mr. Booher begain his well justified campain to stop the harassment.


Ah...here we go. The heart of the matter. Chuck has a vivid imagination, bless his little tiny pointed head.

In May, Booher began sending Mackay blood-chilling e-mails. Excerpts from the e-mails were filed with the criminal complaint against Booher. In an e-mail dated June 14, Booher promises Mackay he will ``locate you, disable you using a quick 22 calibre shot to your lower spine and then duck tape. . . . I am going to cut into the left side of your brain using a power drill and an ice pick.


Whew...that would hurt. Do you think it worked? Think again.

``He's obviously a very sick man,'' said Mackay from his office in Canada. Mackay insists his company, DM Contact Management, has nothing to do with spam and has no relationship with the companies who were spamming Booher. In a telephone interview, Mackay said his company handled customer service for Internet companies, answering telephone queries and taking orders. ``We don't deal with any e-mail marketing at all,'' he said.


Woohooo...Mr. MacKay...you are more full of poop (notice I didn't say shit?) than a Christmas turkey. You deny it? Then how do you explain this?

Booher said he threatened Mackay because the tactic seemed to work. ``I would scream at him and it would stop, and then it would start up again, and then I would scream at him again.''


How come the spamming stopped? You still say you had no control over it? What kind of sick moron are you? To allow this kind of thing to be sent to a man who is fighting for his life, THREE TIMES. You have the balls to allow someone to send him advertisements regarding penile enlargement. Well Mr. MacKay, tell me this. Have you ever gone through chemotherapy? Radiation? Had your hair fall out? Worshipped the porcelain god because you have chemicals in your body fighting a war against a deadly disease? Obviously not. You would rather take the position of most upper management and pretend it never happened.

I won't go on in my comments because I'm heading on over to Booher's house to help him in his defense. Before you get your panties in a wad, I don't condone what he did. It was stupid. But I think it was justifiable. Spamming has to stop and those who are condoning in MUST be held responsible. Freedom of speech my ass. Mr. MacKay is a sorry excuse for a wipe-ass human being, if he can even be called that. Hey Charles, I've got several ice picks for you to choose from. come on over for some home cooking and we'll see what we can do to help you out.

Read the full article here.

I've got better things to do. Like go have a Silly String fight with my girls out front. They don't believe in spam. They believe in wearing me down by whining. Dayum..they're good.

Favorite quote of the moment

There's a silly old saying that if you hold a guinea pig up by its tail, its eyes will drop out.
Margie Ann, 9 years old


Acronym of the day

F.I.N.E. Fucked up, Irrational, Neurotic and Emotional

Mood: Invincible (I told you I was F.I.N.E.)
Background noise: Recess

Comments?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lakewood Mirrors said...

Very creative post.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home