Monday, November 24, 2003

Shameless Pimping

Ok folks, it's time for some shameless pimping or you could call it, free advertising. I've been working a bit on So It Goes. I've rearranged some things, renamed some others and added some new topics as well as forums. After you've taken a look around, take a look at the poll and cast your vote. If you have the time, please register as well. Let me know what you would like to see on the forums. Just what would it take to bring you back to visit?

The Lighter Side

I thought I'd add a bit of humor to my ramblings today. Got this from my other half in an email. Remember Jeff Foxworthy? Well, here's a complement to his "You Might Be A Redneck If..."

YOU JUST MIGHT BE A BLUENECK IF...

...Instead of referring to two or more people as "Y'all," you call them "you guys," even if both of them are women.

...You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."

...You think Heinz Ketchup is really SPICY.

...You would never stop to buy something somebody was cooking on the side of the road. (e.g., boiled peanuts) .

...You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce" correctly.

...For breakfast, you would prefer potatoes-au-gratin to grits.

...You don't know what a moon pie is.

...You've never had an RC Cola.

...You've never, ever eaten okra -- fried, boiled, or pickled.

...You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.

...You've never seen a live chicken, and the only cows you've seen are on road trips.

...You have no idea what a polecat is.

...You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on your dog.

...You don't have bangs.

...You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own TV fishing show.

...You drink either "Pop" or "Soda"- instead of "Cokes."

...You've never eaten and don't know how to make a tomato sandwich.

....You have never planned your summer vacation around a gun-'n-knife show.

...You think more money should go to important scientific research at your university than to pay the salary of the head football coach

...You don't even have one can of WD-40 somewhere around the house.

...The last time you smiled was when you blocked someone from getting on an on-ramp to the highway.

....You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores.

...You have more than one professional sports team in your home state.

...You call binoculars opera glasses.

...You can't spit out the car window without pulling over to the side of the road and stopping.

...You don't know anyone with at least two first names (i.e., Joe Bob, Faye Ellen, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Joe Dan, Mary Alice)

...You don't know any women with male names (i.e., Tommie, Bobbie, Johnnie, Jimmie)

...You don't have Maw-maw's & Pawpaw's.

...You get freaked out when people on the subway talk to you.

...None of your fur coats are homemade.

Quick thoughts moving through the wasted space known as my brain

Am I going to have to learn to like boiled peanuts, fried okra and collard greens now that I am moving to Georgia?

Oh, now here's a winner!

Folks, you really have to wonder about the people who were the observers in this little exercise. You would have thought that the smell ALONE would have been enough to give them an idea that this was not a good place to be.

Check it out!

Favorite Feminist Joke

Q. How many feminists does it take to replace a lightbulb?

A. That's not funny!

Got this from Kim du Toit's site and got a good chuckle out of it. I even wrote him back on it. It just struck me as funny. I think because, even though we members of the feminine population don't like to admit it, it's true. Below was my response. Kim, you da man!

I'm sure this will piss off some of the ladies out there, but hey, if you can't take the heat....tell me where I'm wrong.

OMG...that was priceless. I need to learn to not sip coffee while reading your stuff. I just found out what it feels like to have it spew out of your nose.

And it's so TRUE. Of course, you realize another standard response would be "If you don't know the answer to that one, I'm not going to tell you." (effectively letting you know that you are in deep doo-doo, and will receive the cold shoulder until you can learn to read minds).

Did you ever notice how we are able, with certain body movements, and one measly little word [FINE], tell you, in no uncertain terms, to fuck off?

I'd like to stand up and shout "I AM NOT LIKE THAT AND WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING", but I'd be a liar.

Thanks for the laugh Kim. You made my day.

Moogie


Too close to home

We've visited this park any number of times. Just another reason I'm glad I'm leaving this God forsaken city/state. Add that to the thousands I already have....... Stuff like this is just too prevalent here. Too much violence. Overcrowding, high cost of living, high jobless rate...it's a wonder more people aren't killed here every day. Bad place to raise the kids.

And don't even get me started on our governor, or the recall race. What a bunch of linguini spined bureaucrats.

Here's the article in question.

News of the Weird

Now it seems that not only do turkeys taste better when they are organically fed, they also are improved (less prone to disease, better taste). Honey, where's that blasted CD. Henry here looks a little boney..we need to plump him up for Thanksgiving or we may as well just eat a cornish game hen.

I'm not making this up. Really.......

Read about it here.

Mood: Happy
Background noise: Gobble, Gobble

Comments?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home