Sunday, March 07, 2004

Sand gnats

I'm not sure which is worse, toads or sand gnats. I was outside with the kids a lot yesterday, as well as the neighbors and they came out in droves. Today, I have little red dots all over the place that itch from time to time. I suppose I'll get used to it. I've learned that Off is my friend...Even though I do smell like a chemical plant when I have it on. Hey, I really don't care what I smell like, as long as I can keep the biting under control.

Electric fences and escaping dogs

We have a four-legged escape artist living in our midst. You can often hear in our house "close the door" or "Tiny, BACK!!!!. We ordered an electric fence that will help keep the dog from digging under the one we have in the back yard, as well as keep her in our back yard which does not have a fence. A few of our neighbors have them, and the swear by them. They have also said that they will help my husband install it. Now, Tiny is a great dog but there are times I wonder if she has a brain. Maybe she has one, but I believe she is afraid to use it. With my luck, the dog will ignore the shocks and just run right across the street to visit her buddies.

I feel like chili tonight

I've got to get a pot of chili going in the crockpot as it seems we are having our neighbors over for dinner. One of the main problems is that this state does not have the same ingredients that I used when I was in California. Now, I need to create a new recipe. I'm hoping that it all works out. I imagine it will. I think I worry too much.

The china hutch is in!

We finally got our china hutch in this week, and it's been sitting there empty ever since. This really irks me as I've got all kinds of things that I want to put in there. So, after I get the chili going, I'm going to be doing a lot of unpacking...weeeeeee! I think it's going to be a lot like Christmas.

Mood: Motivational
Background Noise: Kids playing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home