Saturday, February 28, 2004

It's Quiet

I can hear a pin drop

Praise the Lord and pass the peanuts. The kids are over at the neighbors with my husband and all is quiet. I need this time alone to regroup my thoughts. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and it's only gotten worse. I'm not sure what started me off in such a bad mood or why I'm still there. Bah...so it goes.

Three more children

We recently adopted three betas named Dude Jr. (aka DJ), Rags and Twinkie (full name Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star). Cute little buggers and easy to take care of too. Poor Rags seems to have come down with a case of Ick so I had to go out and by some stuff to put into his tank. I've been procrastinating doing this all day. Guess I should get off my duff and do something about it. Then I need to clean the other two's tanks out as well. I thought that these were supposed to be the girls fish. Man, they have me fooled.

The new house

It's awesome. We are really loving it here. The neighbors are great as well. Kind of hard to believe that we finally made it. It's a 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage with a little over 1,700 square feet and an acre of land. It even came with a ride on mower. The weather here hasn't been conducive to starting it up and giving it a run around the yard until today. I think my husband was just waiting for the chance. I just hope he doesn't start wearing a straw hat and whistling the Green Acres theme song and start scratching himself.

Man rescued from Space Needle observation deck

Oh, hellooooo? I'm thinking this guy has done a few too many cartwheels. I had a hard enough time being on top of that thing the right way. No way in Hades would I attempt to do that. I'm thinking that once I wiggled one arm through my heart would stop with sheer fright. Man, I hope he gets some help soon.

Comments

I've added comments to my blog so this means that I've got to actually start posting again so you'll have something to comment on. I've got a bad case of writers block and I've heard that it can be exasperated by finding yourself buried in boxes or if your beta fish has a case of ick. Hey...I don't know about you but those excuses work for me.

I don't know what's wrong with me lately. I'm so bloody tired. It most likely stems from the whole move fiasco. Long stints away from my family, living in temporary housing with 2 kids, a dog and a husband (sorry honey, you don't get top billing here), and being stressed at learning a new job. Don't get me wrong, the move went well as moves go, and I LOVE my job (I just hate learning curves, don't you?), but it's really stressful. Awe, what the heck..the boxes will still be there in the morning.

California wedding to go on

Having just moved from California after living there 30+ years of my life, I guess this shouldn't really surprise me. I guess that I really don't know what the big deal about it is. Why are so many people against it? Who are they hurting? As long as what they are doing in no way harms my family or friends (or anyone else for that matter), what business is it of mine to tell them who they can or cannot marry?

Long ago, I made my peace with how I feel about homosexuality. It's not for me, no, but I don't feel it's wrong either. It's my belief that homosexuality isn't something you choose. I doubt that anyone wakes up in the morning and says "hey, I think I'll be gay." It's a rough road for them all the way through. I admire them for going after what they need in life. Lord knows there are enough people out there willing to vilify them.

And in this corner, we have the lovely U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown (D - Jacksonville, FL)

How in the hell did this woman get into power?

According to the Florida Times-Union, U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown (D - Jacksonville, FL), verbally attacked a Bush administration official during a briefing on the Haiti crisis on Wednesday (yesterday).

Rep. Brown, who is black, called President Bush's policy on Haiti "racist", and referred to the Administration's representatives as "a bunch of white men".

The Administration's representative, Roger Noriega, a Mexican-American, is the State Department's top official for Latin America.

Noriega later told Brown "As a Mexican-American, I deeply resent being called a racist and branded a white man", to which Brown responded "you all look alike to me".


And SHE calls Bush's administration racist? I saw where she apologized the next day and said she felt that she was misunderstood. Not a lot in your comments to misunderstand lady. You need to go to Miss Manner's school to learn how to keep your oversized boats out of your mouth.

Mood: Grumpy
Background Noise: Silence

1 Comments:

Anonymous cheap vintage jewelry said...

I tried to check out the link about the guy getting rescued from the Space Needle, but the link was dead. I really would like to find that story!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home