Saturday, October 09, 2004

Asshat

I love that term. It encompasses a variety of meanings throughout life. I first heard this term when a particular blog written by Rachel Lucas was brought to my attention by the other guy that lives here, sometimes known as my husband, or on a particularly bad day, asshat (but that's for a different post...love ya hon).

I love that term. Now, you can't go walking up to your boss and say "you know what, you're an asshat." That's not what I would call a good career move. If you do this, in the future you might find yourself saying "would you like fries with that?" Of course, if you lost your last job because you called your boss an asshat, you probably won't do well in people oriented industry. "You want to hold the pickles on your hamburger? Don't be such an asshat. You get the burger the way it shows up on the menu. No have it your way here dude."

Now, I've got nothing against Rachel. She seems like a terrific person and she absolutley adores her dogs, which brings her way up in my book, such as it is. But, she pretty much writes about all the political stuff happening, and that kind of thing. Now me, I'm not into that, though from time to time, I do read the newspapers, roll my eyes, and get on with my day. I really can't be bothered. I rely on my husband to tell me when it's time to pack up the house, and move to a different country. I mean really, I've got better stuff to do. Like wipe snotty noses and play bend and squat (picking up interesting things that are left in the wake of my terrorist children). You can get in alot of deep knee bends that way.

But I digress. Rachel, and others who have a wonderful, witty, intelligent and sometimes frustrating (they piss me off) writing ability on those type of topics are quite different from what I write about. Me? I'm just a mom. Ok, I'm a working mom. Ok, I'm a...well, this could get long so suffice to say, I'm not interested in politics. I'm not interested in the fact that Mr. Bill did not have sex with that woman. I'm not interested in the fact that Kerry is an asshat (there's that word again), with a revolving platform. I leave that kind of thing to the proffessionals, husband included (he has a whole list of them on his blog). Oh, I do have very strong opinions on the war on Iraq, but I really don't want to write about them here. That's not what I'm about. Well, at least right now.

My life revolves around my kids and my work, trying to keep the family intact, and battling anything else that gets in my way. Whoah..you say to yourself. She's is one boring woman one cool chick. The nice thing about it is, it's my blog so I can write about what I want. I'll leave the dirty stuff to the controversial one who has a desk in here as well.

So, where was I? How the hell should I know? I know I had a point. I think I left it with my car keys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home