Saturday, October 26, 2002

As I sit here at my desk, trying to remove the cobwebs from my brain, I begin to ponder the meaning of life, which has thus far, escaped me. Both girls lying in my bed, watching Sponge Bob Square Pants and slowly waking up. Nickelodeon has begun their fright nights which is a big deal in this household. A feeling of contentment washes over me as I realize they have not once interrupted my early morning thoughts with MOM!!!! I'M HUNGRY!!!!!

Halloween is fast coming upon us, and I realized I have not made a move in the costume department. Somehow, this does not surprise me. As the Chief Procrastinating Officer of Chez Moogie, I must strive to do my very best, which includes, leaving things until the last moment. One would think I would realize I could decrease my stress level 100% if I would just plan ahead, and complete things in a timely manner. Somehow, that message has never buried itself into the dark recesses of my mind, such as it is. It looks like I'll have to do some research on the various websites to see what I can come up with...fast. My friends have often asked me why I just don't buy a costume for the girls, and be done with it. Bah! That would be too simple. Where is the fun in that? The creativity? Of course, I could just wait until the last moment and buy a costume, which would not go against my Procrastination Creed. We shall see.



My Thoughts On Graduating
That is, of course, assuming I have any. I'm really not sure how I feel about it. It hasn't quite sunk in yet. I think that once I am truly "finished" it might begin to sink in. I have two more classes to go. I am taking the last two as directive study, which means you work one on one with the instructor via email. I thought these would be a piece of cake. Color me purple and call me surprised, but that is not the case. The homework has basically tripled, which, when you think about it makes sense. You are not working with study groups (we call them learning teams) so you have to make up that work somehow. The one I am currently taking is Organizational Behavior. The next assignment is due on Monday. Please, don't ask if I have finished it. You already know the answer to that one, I'm sure. The other one is some type of Science class.

My parents came out to see me graduate and this pleases me immensely. I have worked long and hard to get to where I am and I am looking forward to having somewhat of a normal life. That is, if one can have a normal life with children around. I have had many people tell me that I won't know what to do with myself when I have no more homework to do. Ha! I assure you, that will not be a problem.

We are allowed to "walk" if we are within nine units of completing our degree. Since most of the members of my group are in the same boat as me (a few classes to go), we all decided to walk together. That will be nice. At any rate, my folks will be there, as well as my brother, his girlfriend (who has the same first and middle name as me, but that's for another post) and her three children. After the ceremony, we'll all head on over to my brother's girlfriends house, and have a celebration. I am just wondering how my two midget terrorists will deal with a two-hour ceremony.



You Never Forget
...or so they say. When we bought our new car, we got a free bicycle to go with it. We didn't know that at the time we bought it, but found out when we were filling out all the paperwork. It is a really nice mountain bike, and since my husband already has one, it became mine. Heh. I have not ridden in ages. Everyone always says that you never forget how to ride a bicycle. This may be true but I can say that I am very thankful America's Funniest Home Videos was not anywhere near me when I made my first attempt. I looked a lot like a Weeble. Remember those? "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down! It is a somewhat humbling experience to have your eight year old daughter riding behind you saying, "you're doing great Mommy, just take it nice and easy!



Little People and Legos
For some reason, Little People and Legos are the toys of choice, at the moment. We have a Little People dollhouse, gas station, fire engine, helicopter, airplane and bus, as well as most of the Little People themselves. The collection started with my eldest and kept on going through my youngest. Same with the Legos. We started with the Duplos and have various sizes. Luckily, they are stored in one bin, in a vain attempt to keep them from becoming scattered in every room of the house. There is nothing like getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, with no light on, and stepping on one of those little boogers. Worse than a Barbie shoe, but I won't go into that right now. But I digress.

Our house has become the "house of choice" to play in. Yesterday, when the girls came home from school, we had eight kids over. Yes, eight. I had backed the car out of the garage (the other half is filled with "stuff" that could support an entire flea market) to give them plenty of room. Basically, that garage became The Land of the Little People and Legos." There were bridges and buildings out of Legos, and Little People driving and flying all over the place. Surprisingly enough, when it became time to clean up, all of the kids actually cooperated and everything is back in its place.



Well, that's about it for right now. Today we go and spend the day with Grandma, Papa and Uncle. Not sure what the plans are yet.

Ciao4now!!

Moogs



Any comments or suggestions? Feel free to send your wisecracks or kudos: HERE. If you don't want them published, please let me know.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home