Monday, May 17, 2004

Alligators

I wish I would have gotten a picture of it. You too, can have an alligator in your "back yard." Just come visit me and I'll show you how.

This weekend, we were in our backyard on our deck, enjoying a peaceful evening. One of the terrorists was spending the night with a friend, and one was sleeping peacefully, well, until later, but that's a different story.

While we were there, we noticed a truck in off to the side of our privacy fence in the backyard, and then watched as someone came up behind our fence, shining a flashlight. The other half, being naturally concerned/bothered/curious, took a flashlight and went to the back fence. The "body" on the other side said (I kid you not) "it's ok, I'm just looking for an alligator." My immediate thought was this guy was on some really good drugs (can I have some?), or he was one sandwich short of a picnic basket (probably because of all the drugs he took during they height of Woodstock days gone by).

Fast forward...Turns out, someone across the pond (it's behind our fence), had called 911 to report an alligator. To make a long story short, we watched a couple of men climb into a boat, and search for the alligator, then catch it. What was really neat was after they properly secured him, one of the men climbed on to shore and carried the alligator over to us so we could see it.

The gator was about 3 1/2 feet long (from head to foot) and the colors on it were absolutely stunning. We got to touch it, and I was amazed at how soft its skin was. They were going to relocate it, most likely taking it back to it's mom. All in all, it was a great thing to experience. I've only ever seen them in a zoo or a farm, so to see one up close an personal (albeit a small one) was a fascinating experience for me.



Mood: Thoughtful
Background Noise: Kim Possible

1 Comments:

Anonymous stocks 0.0001 said...

Kinda sad that when he's all grown up, he may end up as a belt or a pair of shoes.

stocks 0.0001

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home