Saturday, October 23, 2004

Clean up! Everybody Let's Clean Up!

Anybody with school aged children, especially younger ones, has probably heard that little ditty. For some inexplicable reason, it's running through my head right now. At least it's a change from the normal Christmas tunes that my eldest daughter has been belting out every day. She's in chorus this year, and they are practicing for the Christmas Concert (I beg your pardon, I meant to say "Holiday Concert").

Today I woke up and made the decision that this was to be a major clean up day. My husband has to work, the weather is nice outside, and I just feel this primal urge to clean. Mind you , this is not a regular occurrence. I should learn to never make these types of decisions before I've finished my first cup of coffee, but so far, I keep on doing it.

It really needs a good clean. Well, actually, it really needs a thorough pick up, and then a bit of a clean. Some areas more than others. I walked into the kids bathroom to set up their bath and looked in the mirror. For a split second I thought that old age had finally caught up to me and my eyes had gone seriously bad. It was just the mirror. Nothing that a little Windex won't fix. How in Heaven's name can a mirror get so dirty in no time flat? I think I need to start making the kids brush their teeth outside.

I have a confession to make. I was out in the garage foraging around and organizing (ok procrastinating) and the little darlings thundering herd of children in the neighborhood began arriving, immediately clamoring around me, wanting to know if Meelie No and Moobear could come out to play. I told them that the girls were taking a bath (true statement, see above mirror comment). But I didn't tell the girls that the kids were waiting for them. I'd like to enjoy the quiet, and at least have part of my house picked up before the little tyrants the mass arrives and makes a mess of my attempt of making my house presentable.

I don't know what it is about our house that draws children. I will never admit this out loud, but I don't really mind it being "the house of choice." I like it that the kids have fun here. I suspect it's because we have good snacks and a trampoline in the backyard. I don't mind them playing their music on the CD player..loudly. It's probably a combination of a lot of things...plus the fact that they are fascinated with my boogers.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home