Saturday, October 09, 2004

I love my Sister-in-Law

I know there aren't many folks out there who can say that, but for me, it's true. Miss C. is one of those types of people that I can be completely honest with at all times, and she never, ever turns away. That's not to say when she thinks I'm more full of stinky stuff than a Christmas turkey that she won't get in my face and tell me so.

Take last week for instance. I got a curt, well thought out email from her. I'd been wallowing in self-pity for too long and she was the one who was honest enough to bring me out of my funk. She told me "point blank" that I had hurt her because I hadn't communicated with her in a long time. Now, me and Miss C. aren't all that great at emailing back and forth on a regular basis, but when important things happen, we do. I had failed miserably in that aspect.

I'm rather myopic when bad things happen around me. For example, my folks got hit hard by one of the many hurricanes blasting their way through here, and had allot of damage to their house. I mean ALLOT. I didn't tell her that. My husband got a job, albeit part-time, but I didn't pass that on. Her birthday came and went without a peep from me (or my husband, but he already posted about that on his blog). Let's be honest here. I was an asshat. And she told me, in no uncertain terms, that I was an asshat.

Belive it or not, I really love her for it. I needed a kick in the pants to stir me up. Engough was enough.

Miss C., I'm an asshat, but I'm glad you love me anyway.

Now, I'm off to fix the midget terrorists my darling children an their friends some lunch. Would you like pickles on that burger?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ward said...

No, Sweetheart, you're not an "asshat", just like you're not a raving looney-toon.

On the gripping hand, you can be...firm in your opinions....

Love...OWW

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home