Monday, November 01, 2004

O.M.G.I.M.A.

"Honey, push the bicycle. That's why it has wheels."

Oh My God, It's Monday Again. Hey...I have a lot more of those and they never get any better. Sorry.

It wasn't that it was a bad Monday. It was actually quite good. I sometimes think that using Monday and the word "good" in the same sentence is something of an oxymoron. But hey..it happens.

We reset all of the clocks and alarms in the house except Moobear's. It doesn't really matter because she tends to sleep through it anyway, even with the volume set up to WARP 26 LOUD. Her alarm generally wakes up everyone, including the fish but doesn't even phase her. I can see the writing on the wall for this one.

I was busy trying to get in the shower but she couldn't find anything to wear. Let me clarify this by saying she didn't want to wear shorts because her legs were hairy. This is much like the snack battle we have every day. She doesn't want to wear shorts because she has hairy legs. I tell her that 10 is not the age to begin shaving. Now tell me people, why will she wear skirts (she loves skirts) to school and not shorts then? I keep telling her that she has to wait until middle school to shave, and she continues to refuse to wear pants at school in hot weather. Go figure. We finally discovered an outfit she could live with (that didn't hit the dirty clothes basket first) and then she wanted me to do her hair. And it couldn't have any lumps. And it couldn't be crooked. Wait..that's the wrong color of hair-band...it doesn't go with my skirt! And...and....I tell myself every night that I am going to pick out her clothes and all accessories the night before. I never do. But then, I have a firm belief that mom's are masochists...and they need to have something to write about in their blogs.

For now, it's Monday evening. It's close to dinner time. I've got a nice turkey tenderloin roasting in the oven. I'm getting ready to make some brown rice (no mushrooms or onions because I have a child that thinks mushrooms are the devil incarnate and can spot an onion from the 50 yard line). I have picked up 7,436 Halloween candy wrappers on the floor, in various areas. I am ready to have a nice, calm family meal, gradually, moving on towards the kid's bath time. Just nice and relaxing. Oh wait..I was talking about my fantasy dinner. I think that was the one in which Mel Gibson had the male part. A girl can dream can't she?

Monica sez.....



And on that note...I bid you good evening. May you mate all of your mismatched socks and have plenty of snacks in your cupboard. And may our children NOT run into a mailbox with their bicycle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home