Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Ask me anything answers - Part I

Here it is folks, the first installment of "Ask Me Anything." Well, the answers anyway. I'd like to thank all of those who submitted their questions. Now I just have to answer them. So, on with Part I.

Zoot asks:

1) If you could live ANYWHERE in the world, where would it be?

Answer: I would have to say here. When I made the decision to go for this job, it was because I wanted to be closer to my family. That was a big part of it but mostly I wanted an area that was good to bring up my kids in. It's not fast paced, but I can get that by driving about 30 minutes down the road. The way I figure it, I have the best of both worlds. I have semi-rural living...lots of space, safety, close knit community. But a big city very close. To top that off, the girls love it here. I think I made the right choice. If it was a different country I would have to pick, I'd say New Zealand. But that is just based on the pictures alone.

2) If you could only eat ONE food the rest of our life, what would it be?

Answer: Pizza, hands down. Next question.

Melonie
asks:

1) What made you live where you live?

Answer: I think I answered that in the question above, but I want to go into more detail. Most of my family lives in the Cocoa Beach, Florida area and I wanted to be closer to them. Flying four people across country was expensive, at best, and my dad has health problems. We wanted to bring our kids up in an area where life wasn't so fast paced and the cost of living wasn't so high. I began looking for a job further east and let it be known that I was looking to move. A manager of our proposal group got word of a job opening up...the one I have now. We love the area. I have finally come to the realization, AND belief that I made the right choice.

2) Do you like to travel.

Answer: Yes, very much so, but haven't had much of a chance to do so. I have been to Canada, on my honeymoon. We plan to do more of that when the girls are older.

3) How many states have you been to?

Answer: That's a tough one. We traveled a lot (driving trips) when I was a child. There were many summers we would travel across the country for family reunions (Indiana, Florida) and my folks would take side trips. I will say though, that I've not been to any of the northeastern states. I really want to do that, especially New York and Washington, DC to name a few.

Suzanne asks:

1) Would you rather win the lottery or work with a 7 figure salary?

Answer: How about both? I wouldn't mind winning the lottery but I would have to do something. I love to work. I suspect that winning the lottery would let me do something I really wanted to do. I believe I would probably set up a literacy program. When I was in California, I volunteered for a literacy program through our local library. I loved it. It's something I believe in, strongly. It would either be that, or win the lottery and sit around watching soap operas and eating bon-bons. I wouldn't mind having the choice, though I do love my job.

2) Dog person or a cat person?

Answer: Dog person...though, now that we have the land for it, I wouldn't mind having a cat. (and what about fish????)

That's it for tonight. Stay tuned for the next set of answers. Right now, I'm headed off to the bed time routine. For the kids that is. Take care all and be sure to drop me a line by comments or email. I love to hear from you.




3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I loved this! I can't wait to read more!!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Melonie said...

Gotta love dog people. I hate to admit this but I have 3 (too long a story to explain). I have a cat by default and she's great, but I admit the dogs are the best!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Moogie said...

Hopefully, I'll be able to do some more today. Maybe even during lunch at work. You guys make me think too hard!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home