Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Blog Explosion and other stuff

First off, I want to thank all of you that have posted questions in "Ask Me Anything." Keep them coming. There are a lot of good ones so far. I'm going to try to answer them this weekend, so you still have time. I'd like to make this a regular feature, but perhaps use a different theme each time. I haven't really thought it all out yet. Do you have any suggestions?

I was reading Sharon's blog in which she told us that she had just signed up for Blog Explosion. I did that about a month or so ago, in hopes of bringing more traffic. I do get a lot of traffic, but not a lot of comments. Zoot and I were chatting about this very thing last night. We both are of the feeling that it's not about the traffic really. Yeah, you want people to read your blog, but it's even better when you get a comment. Getting feedback always makes me feel good. Even if it's negative, it can help me learn how to write better. I love to write, but am just learning how to express myself. I am hoping to get better as I go. Blogging is a good way to do that. It's also a great stress reliever for me. So if someone reads my blog, and leaves a comment, it really makes my day.

In some ways, Blog Explosion may have helped that. But mostly, it's the fact that I read a lot of different blogs, and if I read something I like, I tend to comment myself. Not just commenting for commenting sake...but a well thought out comment. Ya know what I mean? That tends to bring others to my blog. I like that.

I still tend to go over and look on BE from time to time, to see if I have been rated, or if anyone has left a comment. It feels good to be rated. It really does. But what I like the most, is hearing from folks like you. You know, the one's who take the time to read my blog, and leave a little note. And for that, I thank you. You make my day.

11 Comments:

Blogger Key said...

Moogie, I am techtard. I do not use BE or anything else. I don't visit or email the tall dogs.

I agree about the comments. I'd rather have a hundred readers and ten comments than a thousand readers and one comment.

And, yes, that is how I found you! You left me one, and I followed you home!

-Key
http://keyissues.mu.nu

9:59 PM  
Blogger Aussie Mama said...

Moogie, I joined BE but never surf, usually just look in directory, I think people come back to your site because it's fresh honest and funny. So keep it coming girl.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I was going to post a comment, but it became an essay, so ow it's a post :P

Oh...this is a comment anyway, to say I love your stuff Moogie :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Melonie said...

Moogie,

You opened a whole can of worms by prodding me to comment.

I love your blog, keep it coming.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I agree! When someone comments, it let's you know someone can relate to what you are writing, or experiencing and cared enough to let you know.
I love your writing style! keep it up!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I'm joining the discussion late, but yes I love your blog too. It's really nice of you to mention me in your own blog. :) Thanks!
I agree that the comments are the best part of feedback in blogging. You see the response there, it's a great feeling.
I think my traffic has stayed just about the same since joining BE and that's perfectly A-OK with me.
Have a great day!!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm Yeah indead I agree it's better than 100 people read it and 10 leave comments rather than 500 and like 4 comments - I know this I got a DD page I update sometimes very few know about it mind you, but comments are nice to get sometimes

Gopher

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The main reason I like blog explosion is that it's helped me to find cool new reads--like yours.

TW

3:06 PM  
Blogger DaFFy said...

Awww I think I posted a comment on here last night, now I don't know where it is :( I turned it into a post, anyways, because it got too long LOL

Anyways, love ya stuff Moogie :) I want MORE!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhodiola Rosea is the latest natural remedy to join the arsenal of natural anxiety and stress (coping with stress) reducers.

Rhodiola Rosea, also known as Golden Root, is a native plant of arctic Siberia. For centuries it has been used by eastern European and Asian cultures for physical endurance, work productivity, longevity, resistance to high altitude sickness, and to treat fatigue, depression, anemia, impotence, gastrointestinal ailments, infections, and nervous system disorders.

The first recorded medicinal applications of rodia riza (renamed Rhodiola Rosea) was made by the Greek physician, Dioscorides, in 77 C.E. in 'De Materia Medica'. Rhodiola Rosea has been included in official Russian medicine since 1969.

Despite its long history, the Western world has only recently become aware of the health benefits of Rhodiola Rosea. It has come to the attention of many natural health practitioners because of studies which tested its affects on combating anxiety and stress.

Rhodiola Rosea is considered an adaptogen. This means it has an overall stabilizing effect on the body without disrupting other functions. Its ability to normalize hormones may be effective for treating depression and anxiety.

Studies of Rhodiola Rosea show that it stimulates neurotransmitters and enhances their effects on the brain. This includes the ability for the brain to process serotonin which helps the body to adapt to stress.

Since adaptogens improve the body's overall ability to handle stress, it has been studied to identify it's effects on biological, chemical and physical stress.

A study was performed to test the effects of Rhodiola Rosea when stress or coping with stress is caused by intense mental work (such as final exams). Such tests concluded that using Rhodiola Rosea improved the amount and quality of work, increasing mental clarity and reducing the effects of fatigue.

The effects of Rhodiola Rosea have also been tested on stress and anxiety from both physical and emotional sources. A report by the American Botanical Council states that "Most users find that it improves their mood, energy level, and mental clarity." They also report on a study that indicated Rhodiola Rosea could increase stress tolerance while at the same time protecting the brain and heart from the physical affects of stress.

This report included details of studies which highlight the overall health benefits of Rhodiola Rosea.

The generally recommended dose is 200-600mg/day. The active properties should be a minimum 0.8 percent salidroside and 3 percent rosavin.

It is important for consumers to know that Rhodiola may be sold using other species that do not share the properties of Rhodiola Rosea, coping with stress, or at ineffective strengths for treatment. Anyone with depression or anxiety should also check with a health professional when treating these symptoms.

coping with stress

3:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about body health loss needed nutrients vitamin vitamins,healing weight whole. I also have a site about body health loss needed nutrients vitamin vitamins,healing weight whole which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home