Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Blog Explosion and other stuff

First off, I want to thank all of you that have posted questions in "Ask Me Anything." Keep them coming. There are a lot of good ones so far. I'm going to try to answer them this weekend, so you still have time. I'd like to make this a regular feature, but perhaps use a different theme each time. I haven't really thought it all out yet. Do you have any suggestions?

I was reading Sharon's blog in which she told us that she had just signed up for Blog Explosion. I did that about a month or so ago, in hopes of bringing more traffic. I do get a lot of traffic, but not a lot of comments. Zoot and I were chatting about this very thing last night. We both are of the feeling that it's not about the traffic really. Yeah, you want people to read your blog, but it's even better when you get a comment. Getting feedback always makes me feel good. Even if it's negative, it can help me learn how to write better. I love to write, but am just learning how to express myself. I am hoping to get better as I go. Blogging is a good way to do that. It's also a great stress reliever for me. So if someone reads my blog, and leaves a comment, it really makes my day.

In some ways, Blog Explosion may have helped that. But mostly, it's the fact that I read a lot of different blogs, and if I read something I like, I tend to comment myself. Not just commenting for commenting sake...but a well thought out comment. Ya know what I mean? That tends to bring others to my blog. I like that.

I still tend to go over and look on BE from time to time, to see if I have been rated, or if anyone has left a comment. It feels good to be rated. It really does. But what I like the most, is hearing from folks like you. You know, the one's who take the time to read my blog, and leave a little note. And for that, I thank you. You make my day.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I was going to post a comment, but it became an essay, so ow it's a post :P

Oh...this is a comment anyway, to say I love your stuff Moogie :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Melonie said...

Moogie,

You opened a whole can of worms by prodding me to comment.

I love your blog, keep it coming.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I agree! When someone comments, it let's you know someone can relate to what you are writing, or experiencing and cared enough to let you know.
I love your writing style! keep it up!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I'm joining the discussion late, but yes I love your blog too. It's really nice of you to mention me in your own blog. :) Thanks!
I agree that the comments are the best part of feedback in blogging. You see the response there, it's a great feeling.
I think my traffic has stayed just about the same since joining BE and that's perfectly A-OK with me.
Have a great day!!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm Yeah indead I agree it's better than 100 people read it and 10 leave comments rather than 500 and like 4 comments - I know this I got a DD page I update sometimes very few know about it mind you, but comments are nice to get sometimes

Gopher

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The main reason I like blog explosion is that it's helped me to find cool new reads--like yours.

TW

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home