Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I have issues

I have issues with my dishwasher. I have issues with my husband. Actually, I have issues with my husband loading the dishwasher. Verily I say unto you, please, don't put the plastic bowels in there. Those things tend to fly around and gather water on their travels. This is generally when I forget to check them before taking them out, and all of that water hits the floor.

Let's talk silverware. I load the silverware in a certain manner. I have loaded it that way since the beginning of our marriage. I will always load it that way. I load forks together, handles up. Same thing with the knives and spoons. It minimizes the time I have to spend unloading it. Plates go next to plates...etc.

Now some folks say that I'm the one who has issues. Some folks are probably right. But still. I load a mean dishwasher and can unload it faster than you can say "Sally sells sea shells by the seashore" 10 times fast. Of course, I can't even say it once, so who am I to judge?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I'd suggest you BOTH have issues... ;-) First - any container-type device, regardless of material, WILL invert and contain liquid - and usually some nasty food goobers - which will invariably land on your bare feet when you open the dishwasher. Ick. And other more forceful vulgarities...

Silverware : I load the silverware the same way you do because it's easier for me to make sure I don't overload the little baskets. We used to have a dishwasher with the silverware in the middle of the dishwasher - worked great. Put in the spoon from the peanut butter, the knife with the dried-on barbecue sauce - it all came off. Now, with the silverware in the door, a loose and floppy noodle doesn't even clear off. Oh well.

I do organize the dishwasher, but I don't have to empty it - that's what KIDS are for (and yes, the girls can blame me - I'm far enough away... ;-)...

10:53 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

I like to load handles down - thinking they get cleaner that way - but my wife does as you do, handles up.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

your husband actually loaded the dishwasher...period?
mine just leaves his dishes where he used them. sigh.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are various schools of thought vis a vis proper loading of utensils. I used to load the way you do - grouping like items together in an effort to ease the process of putting 'em back where they belong once clean and dry. But at some point long ago, two things were pointed out to me: (1) place like items in the basket together, and they tend to spoon together (not only spoons, but other items too -- spoon together, meaning, settle closely beside and nesting amongst each other), thus resulting in not-quite-as-clean-as-you-might-like utensils. (2) placing the spoons handle up usually results in a milky white spot on the curved surface of the spoon, from where water, minerals, and mostly (but not completely) washed off soap accumulates in a puddle.

Therefore, my recommendation as to how you should place your utensils in your washer is: however you darn well please. Sheesh. It's not brain surgery.

- Mellie Helen http://gollybloghowdy.com

1:16 AM  
Blogger Ward said...

Harrumph!

I'll have you know, m'Dear, that when I load the dishwasher, I consult the Oracle of SquiikiKleen, who states "Forks up, Dude, and Spoons of Glory to The Sky!"

The Deal around here states "Moogie Cooks, OWW Does Dishes". NinetyNine Percent of the time, that's the way it works.

Or...

"I'll load 'em as I see 'em, Pilgrim!"

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about antiaging best. I also have a site about antiaging best which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home