Tuesday, November 16, 2004

This weeks Blog It Forward Winner

The choice was a particularly difficult one for me as there are so many good blogs out there. This particular blog kept coming back to be over the past week. Her humor and wit will warm even the most cold hearted.

I get the impression she has gone through, and is still going through, a lot. Yet somehow, through her words, she manages to convey the positive side. She shares with us her thoughts on a variety of subjects, some of them, quite candidly. You would think she is an open book, yet I suspect she has just scratched the surface.

Out of all the entries I have read since I was first introduced to her, this one touched me the most.
"When a psychologist tells you that your child has autism -- well, no, I won't generalize it. I'm sure everyone experiences it differently. But when the psychologist said my son had autism I argued with her and told her she surely didn't get enough information to make the diagnosis; that he was just out of his usual environment and it couldn't be correct. The psychologist is a kind woman who obviously cares about children and has heard this all a million times before, so she just nodded patiently and told me gently that it is what it is. And I am still fighting to make the diagnosis not true."
One can only imagine what goes through the mind of a parent when hearing something like this.
"I strongly believe that our children choose us; that people come into our life for a reason and we learn from each other, whether by choice or by force. I strongly believe that anyone can do anything if they want to deeply enough -- even more so if they have a good support system."
With that in mind, I would like to introduce you to the writings of Adventures of a Domestic Goddess.


5 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

First of all.....wow...I am overwhelmed. I can't believe it!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm still new to this in some aspects, as I didn't know about Blogging for Books or Blog it Forward or anything like that until I read your site. I will have to try this for my site. This was incredibly, incredibly nice of you.

I think I'm going to cry.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Melonie said...

Sharon is a brillant writer. She paints her world vividly every time she posts an entry. I am proud to call her my friend.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Moogie said...

Sharon...I didn't mean to make you cry. I just wanted to share the wonderful writing you do.

Melonie...I agree. She is an artist, both with the written word and on canvas.

vegimite...I didn't think of the idea. I got it from Melonie who honered me her first time. :) I can help you with links and such anytime you want.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Kurt said...

Agreed. I'm a fan of Sharon's blog, too.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Busy Mom said...

I hadn't read her site, thanks! Looks like a good one.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home