Saturday, November 27, 2004

Dishwasher Clarification

Recently Kurt posted on his blog about the dishwasher issues I have with my husband as well as posting about your spouse on your blog if they read it. (Thank you Kurt for linking to me by the way).

First off, the post was merely written in humor as I've been married for 16 years and it's been an ongoing battle with us for years. I agree, it's not brain surgery, and I'm so very thankful that he does load the dishwasher at all. It's one of the things I can easily deal with. Luckily, I'm not so anal that something like this would put me over the edge. Sorry..just needed to clear that up in case any of you thought I was actually dead on serious about this.

I will post humorous things about my husband from time to time on my blog. Funny things that happened, or what have you. I'm not uncomfortable doing that because so far, I haven't posted anything bad. I'm not sure I would feel right about making personal problems public. It was an interesting question he brought up though.

What about you folks? How do you feel about posting about your spouse on your blog? Does your spouse read your entries?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

My husband reads the blog every day. Sometimes I think it's a way for him to find out how my day is really going.

I haven't gotten around to discussing him too much yet, but I do hate it when he volunteers to do the laundry. Something usually comes back pink that was once white. He believes all clothes should be washed en masse regardless of color. It's produced some interesting results.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I think it's only natural that you would mention something about the people in your lives from time to time. It wouldn't be appropriate if we got on here and spouse bashed...that would be tacky. But the humoristic post like your dishwasher one, is cute.

On a similar note, I'm not sure how I feel about posting pictures of my kids? I've debated, but always get scared that some sick child perv would see them and come after us. I know, I know,...I'm paranoid, but the thought crossed my mind. It's probably just fine. What do you think?

5:02 PM  
Blogger Elisson said...

I have to be careful about what I post - if SWMBO is part of it, that is. She can and will correct me on little details if I get 'em wrong. She has a perfect memory, whereas my brain is probably fulla little tiny holes like one a' them nice Emmenthaler cheeses.

But yes, I do post about the Missus. I can even get her all weepy and such.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home