Wednesday, November 24, 2004

In and out

As I was going through and doing the last minute cleaning to finish up before my folks arrive, I told all of the kids they needed to go outside for a bit. I wanted to vacuum and then mop the floor. At this time, there were only 5 of them.

They all went outside to play, only to come back only 10 minutes later. This time, there were 7 of them. And they were hungry. And they were thirsty. I felt like shouting "and they came in masses." Or some such. Anyway, I told them that they had food at home where they could eat. They told me that their mom was cleaning and sent them back outside to play over here. I wish I could just turn them all away, but it's not in me. So I popped up some popcorn, and set them up outside to have a snack and something to drink.

That should buy me about 15 minutes. I told them to eat slow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I keep a load of popcorn on hand because it's saved me a million times in similar instances. That...and juiceboxes. Outside!...the lot of you!!!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Melonie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Moogie!

You are a good mom, feeding the masses and all.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home