Wednesday, November 24, 2004

In and out

As I was going through and doing the last minute cleaning to finish up before my folks arrive, I told all of the kids they needed to go outside for a bit. I wanted to vacuum and then mop the floor. At this time, there were only 5 of them.

They all went outside to play, only to come back only 10 minutes later. This time, there were 7 of them. And they were hungry. And they were thirsty. I felt like shouting "and they came in masses." Or some such. Anyway, I told them that they had food at home where they could eat. They told me that their mom was cleaning and sent them back outside to play over here. I wish I could just turn them all away, but it's not in me. So I popped up some popcorn, and set them up outside to have a snack and something to drink.

That should buy me about 15 minutes. I told them to eat slow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aussie Mama said...

Moogie, that sounds like my street, the kids travel in food devouring packs, they visit everyone's home to see where they will get lucky and score snacks, most times it seems to be my turn.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I keep a load of popcorn on hand because it's saved me a million times in similar instances. That...and juiceboxes. Outside!...the lot of you!!!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Melonie said...

Happy Thanksgiving Moogie!

You are a good mom, feeding the masses and all.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home