Monday, December 06, 2004

Glitches and other stuff

As some of you witnessed, Moogie's World suffered from some glitches this weekend, mainly when you tried to comment. First off, I'd like to apologize for the difficulties, and secondly, I would like to thank Sharon and Melonie for emailing me a few times to inform me about it. A couple of you tagged me on my DoodleBoard as well. It was much appreciated.

This is one of the reasons I am working on moving off of Blogspot in the near future. I get frustrated at the number of times that it's down, or has glitches such as this. Suffice to say, my patience level for things such as this is at a minimum.

My main problem was that I couldn't devote the time needed to sit down and analyze it. My youngest, whom you know as Meelie-No, was sick this weekend, beginning Friday night. We ended up keeping her out of school today and took her to the doctor. The diagnosis was Strep (sigh)..so she won't be able to go back to school until Wednesday. The timing on this bites, as this week is benchmark testing. Most likely I will have to go in and offer up my big toe for penance because I had the audacity to keep my child from school during this time. If things keep up the way they are, I soon will be walking on my kneecaps.

Now we have to decide which parent will go and watch my eldest, Moobear, in her Christmas concert, which is, of course, tonight. I'm not sure what I'll do about that. Inevitably, things like this (illness) seem to happen at the most critical of times.

That being said, I'll be a bit tardy on the answering all of your questions on "Ask Me Anything." I'm hoping to get to them by Tuesday.

Other Notes

Speaking of notes, have you gone over and listened to Sharon play the piano yet? Go here and here to get the latest.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Awwww! I'm blushing again. Thanks, Moogie. You're such a nice person!

I hope your daughter is feeling better soon! The plus side is that if it's strep they'll give antibiotics and once those kick in she'll recover quickly.

As Erma Bombeck used to say, it isn't Christmas unless someone is sick. My kids usually get sick immediately after Christmas, since they get to play with their cousins and exchange new virus strains.
Anyway, sending you good thoughts and get-well wishes for Meelie-No...

4:48 PM  
Blogger Melonie said...

I am sorry that Meelie No has strep throat; the good news being antibiotics can fix it. The bad news is obvious.

Benchmark testing is this week? Ours is in April. Our testing is called the WESTEST. If our children miss the test there is a makeup day and if they miss that one parent was told that child services would be visiting them. Kind of Orwellian isn't it? I understand about having to promise a body part in return for missing testing. Our school actually sends home notes on how to put your children to bed, what to give them for breakfast and how to teach them to relax during testing! As if they had a clue!

Sharon does play wonderfully. She is talented beyond her comprehension.

Well, I hope the Christmas program went well and that Meelie No is better soon.
In the words of Aussie Mama have a glass of red wine.

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the way it works--everything happens at once. Hope the strep bug flies away soon.

TW

4:25 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I feel for you and baby moogie! It's so awful being sick, especially with Strep. I'll be watching for your answer post. I'd like to do it too but i'm scared no one has anything to ask me! haha

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home