Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy

Don't mind me. I'm just watching my youngest move through the house. She doesn't walk. She literally bounces of the walls, ceiling and floor. The game of the moment is "Where can I shoot my headband?" (it's elastic) Don't try this at home folks. Especially if you have ceiling fans.

Come to think of it. Do you know why kids can't walk anywhere? And why is it that they choose the most difficult path to get from here to there?

I was just wondering.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

YES!! Why is this?? All my children have to hurtle from one room to another as if they're charging the field, and I really don't get it!!! It must be all that energy they have. Maybe it is defying the laws of physics to expect them to contain all that energy in one place or in restrained, fluid motion. All I know is I'm constantly calling, "Walk! No running!"
We are raising future track stars.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Melonie said...

Two reasons:

1. Children are ridiculously happy despite all their grumblings about us being the worst parents in the world.

2. Bouncy and jumping annoys us which makes the happy because we are the worst parents in the world.

3. Lucky Charms is actually speed in a box.

4. Santa Claus is coming to town!

10:09 PM  
Anonymous debit cards for kids said...

Trust me, I feel you--I have a three-year-old and an 18-month-old and they both find the most creative ways to move around. It's non-stop from the time they wake up until the time they lay down at night. I love it.

--S.H. debit card for kids

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home