Tuesday, March 04, 2003

AN AFTERNOON AT THE PARK

We had an uncharacteristically beautiful day here on Sunday so we decided to ignore the chores and errands we had to do and go ahead and play hooky. We took the girls to the park right by our house. We made a day of it by taking a picnic lunch. We got some really good pictures that I hope to have posted up on the site in the next couple of days. The city has recently revamped this park and now it has allot of state-of-the-art playground equipment. One neat feature is the three humongous cement slides. The kids (and adults if they are brave enough or are suffering a severe case of lack of common sense) can either slide down on cardboard or just by the seat of their pants. I've not gotten up enough guts to do it yet, but somehow was talked into promising that the next time we went, I'd give it a whirl (now where did I put that common sense?). The slides are basically built for teens on down, and my main fear is that I would sit myself down on one of them, begin the decent, and get stuck (Hey Mom! Look at me! No hands!). Of course, being larger than a child may have its advantages (providing you aren't large enough to get stuck) as it could significantly decrease your speed. Of course, if you are silly enough to wear anything with polyester, you may find that the friction causes the material in your pants to heat up and melt, so that when you get to the bottom of the slide, you have second-degree burns on your rump. Imagine yourself explaining that one to your doctor. If the updates to this journal cease to happen, you will know that I tried it and was rushed to the hospital and am now in traction being fed intravenously, while I have an ice pack settled on my, um, rump. Don't laugh...it COULD happen.



MONDAY BLUES

After having such a wonderful weekend, I found it extremely difficult to get out of my nice, warm bed this morning. I was really irritated about being woken up from a wonderful dream which included being stranded on a tropical island with Mel Gibson, sand, surf.... well, you get the picture. Needless to say, I had a long discussion, and countless arguments with myself, which I obviously lost because I went to work. It's probably for the best. The work would have still been there for me tomorrow, only there would be more added to it. After arriving to work, I immediately confirmed my belief that Mondays bite. Especially mornings. Now, let me start off by saying that I'm not the brightest bulb in the box early in the morning, but Mondays are worse. This particular one was bad as I had stayed up way too late the night before watching a Lethal Weapon movie (maybe that's why I had that dream). I did my normal planning of my day on the way in to work, and all of that was blown out of the water when I met my manager in the cafeteria right after I got in (I was going for one of the extra large gourmet coffees to see if that would help clear the brain) Turns out they had a bit of a panic (unanticipated costs on contracts), and decided to hold a meeting to see what and how we were going to handle things. You know how that goes. That was fine and all, it needed to be dealt with, but that just meant that my whole morning was blown. I'd love to have a day with no phone calls, meetings or interruptions so that I have a chance to get a little bit caught up. So it goes.....



IRAQ

I'm sure that you all have been listening to the unfolding story regarding Iraq. My husband and I had a bit of a discussion about this. In fact, I think he even wrote about it in one of his blogs.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this topic. Drop me a line on how you feel we should handle the situation. Should we go to war? Is Iraq cooperating with the weapons inspectors enough to justify NOT going to war? What is your opinion and why? Drop me a line and let me know what you think.

Surprisingly, my husband and I are in an agreement on this one. We rarely are on cases such as these. I really don't think there is any hope that we WON'T go to war, which is sad. I'd rather deal with Sadam before he has access to nuclear weapons. As for as the destruction of missiles...that's a laugh. It's a farce to get the public to believe they have 100% coooperation.

Ok, Iraq began destroying its Al Samoud 2 missiles on Saturday. France and Germany believe that this is proof that the inspections are working (w00t, what drug are they on and can I have some?) Thing is, Baghdad has yet to account for missing stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons. It's got to be all or nothing. That's JMO.

Sadam is a sick one. The sooner we do something about it, the better.



A LITTLE HUMOR

Thought some of you might find this a little humorous. Enjoy!

Inspirational Posters For The Cubicle Era

Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings, they did it by killing all those who opposed them.

If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Doing a job RIGHT the first time gets the job done. Doing the job WRONG fourteen times gives you job security.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

A person who smiles in the face of adversity...probably has a scapegoat.

Plagiarism saves time.

If at first you don't succeed, try management.

Never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether.

TEAMWORK...means never having to take all the blame yourself.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.

We waste time, so you don't have to.

Hang in there, retirement is only thirty years away!

Go the extra mile. It makes your boss look like an incompetent slacker.

A snooze button is a poor substitute for no alarm clock at all.

When the going gets tough, the tough take a coffee break.

INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY.

Succeed in spite of management.

Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment.



That's about it for right now! Ciao for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home