Sunday, March 02, 2003

JOBS AND STAY AT HOME DADS

The job is going well. For the most part, I still enjoy it, though I wish there would be a little less of it at the moment. I just received four new contracts that I'm going to be in charge of, and they are unique in that they are handled quite differently than what I'm used to. While I enjoy learning new things, I really hate going through it because it causes me a great deal of stress. These particular contracts require charts up the gazoo. I have never seen so many. Not being familiar with them is really bogging me down. I know it will come with time, but I'm always afraid I'm going to mess something up. So it goes....

My husband is still out of work, and has been for the better part of a year, not counting the four months that he worked as a contractor. Unemployment is high out here and there is just no action. He's been sending out allot of resumes, but rarely gets any kind of a response. He's and IT guru and those folks were hit really hard with the dot com implosion. He's been staying at home with my youngest daughter and that saves quite a bit on daycare. She does go once or twice a week, so that she can have some fun with other kids, and dad has a chance to maintain his sanity. He also drops off and picks up my eldest from school, which saves us a bundle on before and after care. In some ways, it has been good because he's formed a closer bond with the girls. It will be nice when we can get the extra income back though. It's been tight only having unemployment coming in but we are managing.

That's about all for the moment. Need to go get cleaned up. It's a beautiful day outside and I think the park is calling us!

Ciao for now! Be good, and if you can't, have fun!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home