Thursday, March 06, 2003

OWNER TRAINING

Last night I took Tiny to her doggie obedience training. It went really well. The instructor said she is quite pleased with the progress we are making. This is only her second session so we are still kind of new at it. This session (each of them lasts six weeks) has been really good for Tiny as there are about 10 dogs in the class and it offers her plenty of distractions. The first session only had 3 dogs, and it was easier to control her. I've always thought of these classes as more of an owner training more than anything else. It teaches us a lot of common sense things, and I also come away with a lot of good tips and ways to modify unacceptable behavior. Tiny has turned out to be more of a "Mommy's" dog. She's really great with the girls, which is a blessing. All in all, I think she'll end up being a great dog. The next step will be to get her into agility training. I think she'll really do well at that. We need to at least finish this session, and perhaps one more before we move on to that. I'm looking forward to that. I watched part of a class and it looked as though the dogs have a lot of fun negotiating their way through the obstacle courses. On Tuesday nights, I take her to doggie socialization and she loves it. She does really well with other dogs, and loves to play. Makes for a busy week but I don't really mind it.

WEBSITE

I've added some pictures of the girls and their day at the park to the website. Just go to the photo album and click on the folder entitled "The Girls." I will eventually have the pictures as thumbnails, but I wanted to get them up first before the pictures became obsolete. I have a lot of work left to do yet on it, but that's why I consider it more of a work in progress. I keep getting all of these ideas. I think I need to start writing them down so I won't forget.

That's about all for now. Hope you have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home