Tuesday, October 12, 2004

I feel like chicken tonight!

No..not like the real thing. I am happy to say that the operation was a success and all of my feathers have been removed. I feel so liberated. I no longer have the urge to eat chicken feed...I can't say the same about chicken feet though.

What I was referring to was chicken and dumplings. It's been ages since I've made anything like that. Now, in this post "made'" is a term I use loosely. I did it in a crockpot. Ok, ok...I confess (but don't tell Martha), I was shopping at Wallyworld this weekend and saw "Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings." Me, being no dummy, said "hmmmm...interesting." (Is that a brilliant thought or WHAT?) Again, I am digressing (what's new...I do ramble don't I?). I decided to give it a try and it's cooking away. I love the smell of things you cook in a crockpot. Just walking in that door, taking a deep breath, becoming intoxicated with the aroma coming from the kitchen. Unless of course you are 10 years old.

Moobear: What are we having for dinner?
Me: Chicken and Dumplins (notice the southern accent?)
Moobear:
But I don't like chicken and dumplings.
Me: But you've never had them (I told you I hadn't made them in a long time)
Moobear: I know, but I still don't like them.
Me: Well, you have to try one, and you have to have some chicken and carrots to go with it.

On a side note, she jumped at the chicken part...and nearly made it without gagging on the carrot part. I have two children. One that eats anything, and one that doesn't. Can you guess which one Moobear is?

Moobear: How big are the dumplings?
Me: I promptly showed her using the necessary hand movements.
Moobear: She immediately began negotiating for a smaller size.
Me again: She didn't win.
Moobear: But moooooooooooom!
Me: Yes my love, my life, my reason for living?
Moobear: She gave me that rolling eyes thing that kids do. Whyyyyyyyy?????
Me: Because you need to learn to eat new things. Things that are healthy. They do not include Spaghettios, Top Ramen, hot dogs or macaroni and cheese. I know this is difficult for you to understand but one day you will thank me. And for the last time! Ice Cream is not part of the 5 basic food groups!

At this point she went off to do something, non- mom involved, muttering at how mean I was and that she was going to starve.

You know what the really evil thing is? I had this saying that just kept popping through my head. My girls chant it a lot and I don't know where it comes from.
"I'm the Queen of the Caaaaastle, and you're a dirty raaascle."
And before you ask, no, I've got no idea why that keeps popping in my head. Oh gawd! The voices have started up again!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got biscuits to pop in the oven, kids to snuggle (albeit Meelie-No is now crashed), and, well, real life stuff to do. Can you imagine that?

Did I tell you that I found my car keys in the pickle jar this morning?



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moogie Dear,
I was saying that or similar to that when I was a kid many years ago, It's just a saying kids have..
It's more than likely Scottish, probably Glasweigan in Origin if I find out anymore I'll let ya know...

Gopher

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home