Friday, November 05, 2004

It was a dark and stormy night....

I was walking down the produce aisle, shielded from the wind and the rain, and darkness of night. My children were happily playing behind me, singing the songs that children sing. I passed by the lettuce, stopping only to pick up a bag of spring mix. The carrots, the green onions..they beckoned to me, but I had enough in my refrigerator to last for a time.

I happened upon the zucchini, now on sale. Always one for a bargain, I stopped, I gazed and my mind wandered. Suddenly, the luscious, shiny zucchini I was holding slipped from my hands. As I bent down to pick it up, I glanced around and my eyes fell upon a pair of brown Gucci shoes. As my eyes traveled slowly upward, I took in the precisely creased Armani pant leg, and further still, the silk shirt and tie, which was loosened at the collar.

I allowed my eyes to travel further upwards and what I saw did nothing to still the rapid beating of my heart. A pair of cobalt blue eyes studied me intently, silently pulling me towards him. His mouth was soft, yet held a sensual promise I could not resist. He bent down to retrieve the zucchini I seemed to have forgotten about and spoke in a voice that pierced through me, sending a warm feeling throughout my now taught body. "You seem to have dropped this" he said softly. "Thank you," I replied. As I reached out to take the vegetable in question, our hands briefly touched, sending a jolt of electricity through me.

My throat felt as though it was closing up. My breath came in uneasy gasps. He leaned closer, his lips inches from mine.....and closer still. I knew he was about to kiss me and I was powerless to stop him.

Mooooooom, I have to go to the bathroom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home