Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Pick Me! Pick Me!

"Please do NOT tell me you went to school with no underwear on."

My girlfriend and I were talking about blogging the other day. My reasons for blogging are purely selfish. It's a fantastic source of release for me, just to be able to put my thoughts into the written word in some semblance of order. Of course, since I am thoroughly convinced I suffer from ADHD when writing (I cannot stay focused on one subject for more than three sentences), I do not believe it is feasible to use the word "order" here.

Ok, I confess. I am a rambler. It is my dream to have Kenny Chesney croon about me in his newest hit single entitled; "She's a Rambler, But I Love Her." (and then we lived happily ever after).

Even though I post mainly for myself, I do get a tingling of satisfaction (ok, a huge ZAP) when I see that someone has left me a comment. They like me! They really like me! I am also a closet statsaholic. Oh look! Two people viewed my blog today! I get all flushed and I immediately begin dreaming of billboards with my name in lights and being on Oprah. Disney would make a movie about my quick rise to success as an author. Ah...I can hear Kenny now....

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the rambler blogs toniiiiiiiight!"

Does anybody want to buy a Rolex watch?

No? How can you resist? You have much more willpower than I will ever possess. I have recently been receiving many great offers vial emails for Rolex watches. I have plenty of them now. One for each holiday, for starters. If you'd like to get in on this, let me now. I have plenty of emails to share. Kind of like the gmail accounts.

Vote! Vote! Vote!

I don't do politics. Well, for the most part. I'll break my cardinal rule here and make an exception. Today is Election Day in the United States. Please Vote. You CAN make a difference.

Speaking of elections....

Grade School Election Day

In the spirit of the elections going on in the United States, Moobear's and Meelie No's school held their very own. All grades participated and the following questions were on the ballot. The winners are in bold.

1. Who will wear the Dr. Seuss hat tomorrow?

A) Miss Bruce (Principal)
B) Miss Pazz (Vice Principal)

2. Do you want a goldfish or an angelfish in the fish tank?

A) Angelfish
B) Goldfish

3. Should smoking be banned in all public places in Georgia?

A) Yes
B) No

4. Should both men and women be required to join the military once they turn 18.

A) Yes
B) No

5. Should people be required to volunteer for special projects after high school?

A) Yes
B) No

6. Who should be president?

A) President Bush
B) Senator John Kerry

No early or absentee ballots were allowed. I am pleased to report that a recount was not necessary.

In my parting remarks, I'd like to remind you to vote, if you haven't already and don't forget to drop me a line in my comments section and say hi. But the most important thing I ask of you is this: Please, help me make my youngest child understand the importance of wearing underwear when going out in public.

Kenny...hold me, just hold me.





3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

here's a comment for ya.

I also am obsessional about stats, how people got to the site etc etc, and I love comments.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I feel the same way about blogging...though I suspect my husband feels I am a little tetched for being as slavish to it as I am. However *drum roll* he reads the blog too and pretty much gets a barometer of how my day is going so he knows what to expect when he comes home each night.
I love reading what you write, by the way.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home