Friday, November 05, 2004

Redneck Woman

Do any of you listen to Gretchen Wilson? How many of you have a secret fantasy to become that Redneck Woman?? Come on people! Don't be afraid to raise your hands. How can you resist?

Oh I'm a redneck woman,
I ain't no high class broad.
I'm just a product of my raising,
I say hey y'all and yeehaw!
I keep my Christmas lights on,
On my front porch all year long.
And I know all the words
to every Charlie Daniels song!
So here's to all my sisters,
out there keeping it country.

Let me get a big Hell Yeah,
from the redneck girls like me!
Hell Yeah!
Hell Yeah!

I have found that I enjoy driving around in my car and blasting her CD (windows open). Better yet, my children love it just as much as I do. My eldest can sing every song on that CD, word for word. It does a mother proud. Of course my youngest kind of messes up the words in a way that only little kids can. I'm seriously worried about her going up to someone and telling them that she's a "product of a raisin."

Now, as a responsible parent, I'd like to remind you (as if you didn't already know), that while encouraging your children to listen to your music could be considered a good thing (it cuts back on the fighting), you must explain that it is not acceptable to belt out songs with questionable words in public. Especially, in front of your parents. I don't think I've ever seen my mother so shell shocked. My dad, always able to dig up the humorous side, just grinned.

I don't let little embarrassing moments like that stop me though. Now, we girls just make sure the windows are rolled up and no one else is in the car with us. Down the road, Gretchen is blasting through our speakers singing "I'm here for the party!"

Hell yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home