Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Ask Me Anything - The final installment

And here is the final installment of Ask Me Anything. To all who participated, I thank you. From those of you who refrained from commenting about "40" I'll put in a good word for you with Santa. (I haven't been that age for all that long). Me and the jolly fellow...we're tight. Why are you laughing?

vegemite asks:

1) Why did you call your blog "Moogie's World?"
2) Is that your nickname that you had growing up?
3) If so, why and who gave it to you?

Answer: I'm going to lump these three together when giving my answer. When I put my oldest daughter into daycare when I went back to work, there was a little girl who could not pronounce her name. It always came out "Moogie" (with a soft 'g'). That nickname stuck with her, and is still with her to this day. When I needed a screen name, I chose that one because it seemed to fit at the time. I've just never bothered to change it, and quite frankly, I'm not sure what I'd change it to.

4) How would you describe yourself in ONE word?

Answer: Content

5) How would your family describe you in ONE word?

Answer: I would hope they would say "caring", though I would imagine it's more of a "at the time" type comment. Last night it would have been "screaming banshee."

6) How would your friends describe you?
Answer: Perfect. Next question?

7) What is your impression of "vegemite", Australia's favorite spread?

Answer: I really don't know what it is. If it has anything to do with vegetables, you won't find it touching my tongue. But now you've got me curious. I'll have to go look it up.

Gopher asks:

1) If you were to have another wondrous child, what would you prefer? Another girl or a boy.

Answer: Um. I.don't.think.so. Two is good for me thanks. BUT, if I were suddenly to go on a wild drinking binge and hook up with some intrepid fireman with a reputable hose, I would probably say boy. Only because I don't have one. But then again, I don't have to worry about playing "let's pee on the cheerio" while potty training.

2) Chocolate chip cookies or brownies?

Answer: Chocolate chip brownies. I think that about covers it.

Genuine asks:

1) What do I get my wife for Christmas?

Answer: A day at the spa (biting tongue, biting tongue)

Melonie asks:

1) How did you meet your husband?

Answer: Through a mutual friend who is no longer speaking to me. Long story, but the gist of it is, he called her to ask for my number. When he called and asked me for a date, I called her to make sure she didn't really like him. She told me he was just a friend. So I went out with him, which led to a relationship, which led to her terminating any and all further contact with me. Go figure. The funny thing is, when I first met him, I thought he was too geeky. He still is, but it sort of grows on you.

2) Did you own Shaun Cassidy's Born Late album?

Answer: You mean this one?



I actually didn't own that one, but I must confess to having had most all of his other albums, and any memorabilia I could get my hands on.

3) What branch of service are you in?

Answer: I'm a civilian (I work for a defense contractor) but work on a base. I've worked for the same company for 22 years, but it took me 15 years of that time to find my place. I'm a Financial Analyst and I love it.

That's it folks. I think I've covered all of the questions. I hope you have enjoyed this as much as I have. Thanks for participating!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm Shaun Cassady kinda looks like Donnie Osmand in a way (way too good looking lol)
As for my most embarising record CD - thankfully I don't have that many as I didn't really start buying till recently lol but I'm sure i got one somewhere

Gopher

7:29 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

OHHH, is Melonie going to be happy when she sees that picture. :) I think you just made her day.

6:43 AM  
Blogger Melonie said...

Moogie,

I have a extensive collection of Shaun Cassidy albums myself. I know I should be filled with shame. I even have an album where he tried to sing hard rock! It is kind of frightening.

Have a good day!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I thought your husband was military? Where did we get this from? hmmmm. anyway...nice list. Chase told me one time that if he didn't know any better he would think wen(Sharon, Melonie, you,...) were all friends that lived next door to each other!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home