Friday, December 10, 2004

Body parts

Some things are better left alone, ya know?

My six year old and I were in the garage last night. She was sitting in the rocking chair, facing backwards, rolled in a ball, head resting on her knees.

SYO: Mommy, push me so I can rock!
Me: Ok
SYO: Keep doing it Mommy!
Me: Honey, why don’t you sit up, turn around and do it yourself?
SYO: I can’t.

(don’t ask, don’t ask, don’t ask, don’t ask)

Me: Why not? (I had to ask, I couldn’t stop myself)
SYO: Because my head is the heaviest part of my body and if I sit up, the rocker will tip over and my brains will fall out.

Alrighty then!

That could only mean a few things. Her head really is heavy (that would explain a lot of things) and she’s in danger of losing her brains (if she has any left). She was invaded by a body snatcher (probable), and it is now sucking up all of her excess energy (this could take a while). Or, she has a headache.

Given that I didn’t feel like cleaning up brains or battling alien creatures, I opted for the latter.

Me: Did someone put sand in your head? (Translation: Does your whole head hurt?)
SYO: Nooooooooo. I got achy eyes. (Translation: My eyes hurt and it feels like my headband is too tight)

Who says I need to learn a foreign language? I already know one now, and it’s spoken every day in my house.

You do know what the cure all for achy eyes is don’t you? Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream of course. Come on over. We’ve got plenty. Just see if it doesn’t make your achy eyes go away.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home