Friday, December 10, 2004

The Talk

Hey, where are you going? Don't make me superglue your butt to this chair. If I have to suffer, so do you. If you haven't already done it yet, you KNOW you are going to have to do it soon. You know. The talk. The birds and the bees. Part A to part B, and the heavens opened up (and swallowed you so you wouldn't have to have the talk) and Jesus wept. If only Eve wouldn't have been such a bitch and ate that damn apple, maybe God would have been softer on us, enabling our children come into the world with no pain, talking, no need for diapers, and complete knowledge of that whole "how baby's are born" thing. Oh, impeccable manners and a belief in Santa Clause would be a plus. Well, maybe that would be asking for too much. Ya think???

I was over on Key's blog, I saw she had posted this very thing. Ok. That's where I got the whole idea for the post, I admit. It brought up an interesting and sometimes touchy subject that parents face during the life of their child. Go on over and take a look at the post. Let her know your opinion (leave a comment). And don't forget to tell her that Moogie said hello (in your comment)!




2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I will go over, and look, I just have to say, I have already had to give that talk to my preteen. I did my best, and at least he feels comfortable enough to approach me about these things, but whew! I'm glad there's enough of an age difference between oldest and middle that I don't have to go through that again for a while...
Okay, going over to check out the other site now...

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Hunter kept promising that he would have "the talk" with Howard--you know, he takes the boy, I take the girl--but Howard just kept asking questions and the Hunter kept avoiding the talk, so I did it. And it wasn't that bad. He had already heard some things, so we corrected a little misinformation and I explained whatever he wanted to know. But I didn't go into more than he was interested in. And he's come back a number of times and asked more questions, so I reckon I did OK. The Hunter now wonders why Howard comes to me and not to him--uhhh....HELLO?!

TW

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home